The BR8220 high bandwidth polymer modulator is ideally suited for 40G metro, long-haul and ultra-long-haul optical transport applications. It is used for differential quadrature phase shift keying (DQPSK) modulation.
The BR8220 is a compact solution targeted for 300 pin transponders and its low Vpi enables low power consumption transponders without compromising on performance.
The BR8220 includes features such as electrical IO located on one side, GPPO connectors, MZM biasing and PD monitoring.
- 40Gb/s optical transmission systems 39.8Gb/s to 44.6Gb/s DQPSK
- DWDM optical transmission equipment
- Low driving voltage (Vp)
- 2.5Vpp single ended
- Small form factor
- LxWxH = 105.8×11.8×7.7mm
- -5 to 85°C temperature operation
- Compatible with full band tunable lasers
- Integrated PD monitor for bias control
- Zero chirp
- GPPO Connectors